Call for Speakers/Papers
Published: 15th November 2021 –
DevOpsDays Melbourne Call for Papers
DevOps leaders, managers and practitioners are encouraged to submit to speak at DevOpsDays Melbourne, a two-day in person event hosted at the Melbourne Arts Centre 17th-18th March 2022.
We’re excited to open the Call for Papers for DevOpsDays Melbourne 2022. With over 200 delegates expected, this two day, multidisciplinary conference brings together passionate practitioners, providing the opportunity for you to network with a broad group of industry leaders.
Prospective speakers are welcome to submit abstracts on any DevOps topic that they choose for a 30 min tal. Subjects of interest could include:
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery best practices
- Test automation
- DevOps at scale
- Data-driven change, KPIs and metrics
- People, organizational and culture change
- DevOps for “legacy” technologies
- Cloud and cloud-native trends
- Open source and community
- Security and compliance
- Everything as code
You can see the talks accepted for the Sydney 2019 DevOpsDays conference here
DevOpsDays Conference Format
There will be a single track allowing all delegates to experience the presentations as a group in the morning before enjoying lunch and joining an open spaces discussion in the afternoon. Each talk will be allocated a 30-minute time slot beginning with a keynote speaker. Q&A time will not be allocated during the sessions.
There are no requirements for speakers in terms of previous experience or content, although we will not be accepting sponsored talks from vendors.
Successful speakers will have the option of free mentoring to help prepare their talk content and improve public speaking skills.
Guidelines for submission:
- Be specific. A description of 15-20 lines is about right for a 30 min talk.
- Detail is good, but not as important as explaining why your proposal is interesting.
- Propose your own talk; don’t have someone else do it for you.
- No vendor pitches: As much as we value vendors and sponsors, we are not going to accept a talk that appears to be a pitch for your product.
- Original content: We will consider talks that have already been presented elsewhere, but we prefer talks that the local area isn’t likely to have already seen.
- Underrepresented voices: We want to hear all voices, including those who may not typically speak at these types of events. If you’re in a field not typically thought of as a technology or you’re the only person at your organisation with your background, we are also interested in your unique experience.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the committee for more information.
Submit your paper - https://www.papercall.io/devopsdays-melb-2022